Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Vow of Wealth

Reposted from Jean-François Noubel's blog

By taking the Vow of Wealth,


I decide to welcome and embrace all the Wealth that is given to us, be it in material or immaterial form.

I welcome Wealth as what brings us closer to what is True, Good and Beautiful.

I welcome Wealth as life giving life, and life evolving life, for the great alliance between matter and light.

I commit to build meaningful, generative agreements that lead to harmonious and joyful relationships with my human brothers and sisters and with other living beings.

I commit to offer others what they need for the fulfillment of their life.

I commit to welcome what others offer me for the fulfillment of my life.

I commit to be naked and vulnerable, and to welcome my incompleteness, so I can open myself to receiving from others.

I commit to welcome others’ nakedness and vulnerability, and to welcome their incompleteness. There I find the joy of proposing my gifts.

I will not support whatever keeps living beings separated from Wealth.

I will not support ideologies and acts that degrade abundance into artificial scarcity, for that triggers greed and war.

But rather than fighting against these ideologies and acts, I will tap into the infinite creativity that is given to us at birth. I will be an artist, I will co-create with my fellow brothers and sisters, and new paths will be revealed. The future will not come from my reaction, future will come from my creation. Future is pure art, it springs up from my presence to the present.

I will invent and master every tool, technology and practice that allow the strict application of this Vow, in the context of our epoch and culture.

~ ~ ~

Given this epoch, given the person I am, here are some practical actions that I am going to take in order to honor this Vow:

* I leave the current monetary system. I will not acquire or sell anything with conventional money anymore.

* I leave every asset that I acquired in the past via this system. I will only keep what was offered to me as a gift.

* I commit to use free currencies that liberate and catalyze wealth everywhere, in any community, for every being, in a universal manner.

* Whatever I need to exchange with my fellow brothers and sisters will be done by means of these free currencies.

No comments:

Post a Comment